Enjoy the ride!
2) Travel during the months closest to Summer Equinox to ensure longer light filled days.
3) Never drive more than 7 hours a day. I prefer driving 4 or 5 hours. This gives you sufficient time to enjoy and rest at your final destination, plus time to stop and take in some of the sights along the way.
4) Stop in college towns, they often have health food stores, farm to table restaurants, Yoga studios, art galleries, good music and other fun cultural events.
5) Nurture your self along the way, find the local hot springs, get a good body work session, take a Yoga class, walk in nature, barefoot, swim in glacier fed lakes and rivers...
6) Find moments of gratitude every day. Even on the difficult days, keep tilling the fertile soil of your experiences to reap life’s subtle messages and synchronicities.
7) Keep a journal about your experiences.